It’s been about 4 million years since I made anything containing chocolate.
This doesn’t mean I haven’t been eating chocolate…I have…I just haven’t made my own sweet treats.
Last night, I made these:
Grain free chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. I have to admit, I didn’t think these up on my own. My inspiration came from Jessica at How Sweet it Is.
I used the cookie dough recipe for my Healthy Chocolate Chip cookies, sans baking soda and with a little added cinnamon.
I’ve discovered an even MORE delicious way to make these… Check out the printable recipe below!
These were seriously good. If you’re looking for a sweet treat, you should probably make these, like, now. I love, love, love chocolate! I would only do one thing differently when I make these again–I will dip them in darker chocolate!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 8 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- plus more chocolate for dipping (optional)
- Allow the butter to soften to room temperature aka mushy and a little bit melty.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla. Cream these ingredients together with either a hand mixer or manually with a spoon (I did this manually and it turned out fine).
- Once the butter mix is smooth, stir in the almond flour one cup at a time. Then, add the coconut flour one tablespoon at a time: the batter should be firm enough for you to form into balls, but not so dry that the balls fall apart. You may have to play around with the amount of coconut flour, so just add it one tablespoon at a time, mix and reevaluate.
- Add the salt and mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into balls about 1 Tbsp big and set them on the tray to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Dip in chocolate if you like, OR you can just eat them plain…they’re pretty good either way.
What sweet treats have you enjoyed lately?