Over the holidays M and I drove up to Vermont to spend some time with my family.
While there, we went to my Dad’s house for dinner.
My Dad is a Paleo Dad and he loves to cook.
He’s been experimenting with all kinds of delicious recipes from all kinds of awesome cookbooks and websites.
The meal he made for us was this delicious Pesto Salmon. It is honestly the BEST salmon I’ve ever had.
So I thought I’d re-create it to share with you.
- 4, 6oz Salmon filets (wild caught is best)
- 1 Tbsp melted ghee or grass-fed butter
- 4 to 6 Tbsp of [url href=”http://allisonnichols.com/2010/08/19/pesto-chicken-pizza/”]Paleo Walnut Pesto[/url]
- 8 Plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 F and put a baking sheet in oven to heat while you prep the salmon.
- Tear four pieces of foil to make two salmon packets (you’ll wrap two pieces of salmon in each packet.)
- Place two salmon fillets on two of the foil pieces and top with 1 to 2 Tbsp of Walnut Pesto. (I LOVE pesto, so I went for more rather than less.)
- Slice the plum tomatoes and top the salmon with the tomato slices.
- Place the other two pieces of foil on top of the salmon and make into a tightly sealed packet.
- Put the salmon packets in the oven on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the salmon has been in for 15 minutes, remove and let it sit 2-3 minutes.
- Then enjoy the best salmon you’ll ever eat.
So darn good.
I’m not a huge fish person…mostly because when I make it, it never turns out the way that I want.
Well, that’s not a problem anymore thanks to My Paleo Pop!
Salmon is a great, whole food source of important omega 3 fatty acids– essential to so many bodily processes. One of my new year’s resolution is to get MORE fish into my food routine…and this dish will definitely help with that.