It’s been a while since I’ve made a sweet treat for you guys.
NOTE: always close your eyes when blowing the dusty dog hair out of your neglected mixing bowls. Always.
So. In honor of not making sweet treats for a while, I’m going to share with you one of my absolute favorites.
I’m a huge fan of lemon bars…
…and my favorite berries are raspberries…
so it only makes sense that one day I would discover Raspberry-Lemon Bars.
Is all I have to say about that.
- 1 3/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Juice and zest from three lemons
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 pint organic raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all of the crust ingredients and stir until doughy.
- Press the dough into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, zest and juice your lemons. I would zest them before you juice them. You can strain the juice in a mesh strainer, or squeeze the lemon juice between your fingers to catch the seeds.
- Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and eggs. Add the arrowroot flour one tablespoon at a time while whisking continuously.
- Mix in your raspberries and allow the mixture to set for 15 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the the edges are set and the center is a little jiggly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then chill completely in the fridge before serving.
Lemons make me think of summer time. Citrus in general makes me happy. Lemon-y desserts especially.
What are you favorite spring/summer desserts? Feel free to share your recipes in the comments below.